TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Power Plant:
81h12rm.jpg

I really don't know what to make of this one....

It is cool and very unusual, but there is something I don't like about it.

I think it is the red and blue smoke coming from the chimney. It's like some sort of asteroid trail. Which as I said is cool, but I don't think it suits the picture.

Also it kind of looks like your glorifying the power plant. The colours and tone of the image seem happy and celebratory. As does this beautiful "colored smoke" coming from the top.

It's a bit like putting a tu-tu on a rottweiler. Power plants are bad and should be photographed accordingly IMO

Sorry about the long critique but as I was writing other things came to mind. I hope I haven't seemed to harsh.

Interesting shot and awesome colours.

Its hard to make out what's what. Perhaps if it was slightly more exposed or slightly wider?

I really don't know what to make of this one....

It is cool and very unusual, but there is something I don't like about it.

I think it is the red and blue smoke coming from the chimney. It's like some sort of asteroid trail. Which as I said is cool, but I don't think it suits the picture.

Also it kind of looks like your glorifying the power plant. The colours and tone of the image seem happy and celebratory. As does this beautiful "colored smoke" coming from the top.

It's a bit like putting a tu-tu on a rottweiler. Power plants are bad and should be photographed accordingly IMO

Sorry about the long critique but as I was writing other things came to mind. I hope I haven't seemed to harsh.

Well, the blue in the smoke is from blinking blue lights that are on the top of the stack. And I am glorifying the power plant, I enjoy power, and that particular plant is very clean. That is merely steam coming from the stack, nothing polluting about it. Thanks for the critique everyone. If I can sneak onto the property again, I'll try and capture a better shot.

Its good having use the colors. The light blended really well with the background. Nice Job.

The color is good and the detail is decent, but there are some technical aspects of the composition that are bothering me. There is a lot of perspective distortion caused by angling the camera upward. Also, I think that the shot is in crop purgatory. It's not wide enough to make it a proper landscape/industral shot, but it's not narrow enough to make anything in particular the subject. As such, it doesn't do a good job of keeping me interested for very long.

The color is good and the detail is decent, but there are some technical aspects of the composition that are bothering me. There is a lot of perspective distortion caused by angling the camera upward. Also, I think that the shot is in crop purgatory. It's not wide enough to make it a proper landscape/industral shot, but it's not narrow enough to make anything in particular the subject. As such, it doesn't do a good job of keeping me interested for very long.

Fair enough, thanks for the critique. Did you happen to see the different take on the subject in the General Gallery? The composition might seem better to you. Thanks again, to everyone who critiqued.

Most reactions

Back