Powerex Battery Question

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guess I'm just looking to see if this is normal... I bought a set of 8 Powerex batteries and a Maha battery charger upon being highly recommended. The charger is awesome, however the batteries don't keep a charge if they aren't used. I'm finding myself having to remember to charge them just before I need them which is a real pain.

Is this typical? If so, I'm just going to go back to my old 'cheap' Duracell's and Energizers.

Aha, so it sounds like the Powerex are probably as good as people say but they aren't designed to keep their charge like, for example, eneloop batteries (or my Energizer/Duracell's).

Thanks for the input.

Anyone else experience this with Powerex?

Batteries are always cases where various features are traded off against each other. Not having a shelf life doesn't make batteries bad. You'd probably find they hold their maximum voltage longer over their discharge time, or that they have a physically larger charge capacity than others of the same chemistry.

The same goes into Li-Ion camera batteries. Those aftermarket batteries with larger charge capacities sacrifice long levity and can not be recharged as often before dying for good.

Most reactions

Back