**** powerpoint

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had a talk/presentation yesterday morning, everything was well prepared. but then when i started my laptop, half of the talk was gone!

*grrrr* :madmad:

had to improvise a lot then, so it went well in the end. but what onm earth did i do all the work for when preparing it??

Poor you! Powerpoint is great in the hands of someone who does not hand out the complete notes with slide thumbnails before the lecture and then proceed to read every word on the screen - I've slept through so may of them and now it is getting its own back by crashing on my new machine!

Poor you! Powerpoint is great in the hands of someone who does not hand out the complete notes with slide thumbnails before the lecture and then proceed to read every word on the screen - I've slept through so may of them and now it is getting its own back by crashing on my new machine!

not my style anyway ;)

but it is nice to have some details on the slides which i would not speak out. and some of the illustrations i really needed were gone as well ...

^^^ Oooo, been there, done that! And my reaction was the same...why the heck did I do all that work if the bloody thing wasn't viewable by the audience? (It was a glitch where I presented, that their projector wasn't working)

Hahah! I ****in HATE powerpoint! I had to use that many atime for presentations at uni - most of the time i just took a handfull of rough notes and just talked utter ******** for 20 minutes because i came to realse nobody was actually listening nor gave a **** anyways - even the tutors didnt really give a **** as long as you did the presentation.

Hope it went well though!

Hahah! I ****in HATE powerpoint! I had to use that many atime for presentations at uni - most of the time i just took a handfull of rough notes and just talked utter ******** for 20 minutes because i came to realse nobody was actually listening nor gave a **** anyways - even the tutors didnt really give a **** as long as you did the presentation.

Hope it went well though!

not sure how many ppt presenmtation i gave already .. 10 , 100? more ?

all of them went well except this one ;)

and people usually listen to mine *ggg*

Solution: Don't use sub-standard M$ software. :D

well, i also did LaTeX based PDF presentations... nice as well, but not as versatile.

this now was not a ppt problem, but something related to the filesystem. since the second half is still gone. the file is just not complete :(

And the moral of the story - always keep some spare socks with you so you can use them as puppets.

A good presentation is a rarity - but when done well can really inform - regarding socks I thought they got stuffed in places as an ego booster.

And the moral of the story - always keep some spare socks with you so you can use them as puppets.

actually, i had a spare pair with me ;)

A good presentation is a rarity - but when done well can really inform - regarding socks I thought they got stuffed in places as an ego booster.

well, mine was only to inform.. and that it did. and all the people were interested and came by their free will, nobody was forced to come ;) (that can be a killer of the best presentation ...)

Speaking of bad presentations ... I've seen two presentations by Stephen Hawking. I was sorely disappointed in them. :( I also have been to a panel with 4 Nobel Prize (in physics) laureates. They had some of the ABSOLUTE WORST public speaking "skills" I've ever seen; again, it was very disappointing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back