POWERSHOT A1100 or DIGITAL IXUS 95(SD1200) ?

santisg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for a new compact camera and I am between those two: CANON POWERSHOT A1100 and CANON DIGITAL IXUS 95 IS (SD1200). Can anyone tell me which one has better quality image?
Any other recommendations around this budget and with viewfinder?
Thank you.

Hello!
Finally I bought the Digital IXUS 95 IS but I have not tested yet in the mountains. I am satisfied with it, I'm telling you:
POSITIVE:
- Small
- Lightweight
- Cheap
- With viewfinder
- Good quality of pictures
NEGATIVE:
- It is so small that sometimes you are afraid of accidentally dropping it.
- The viewfinder is very small too.
- There is no mode that allows you to adjust speed and aperture manually. You can adjust several manual settings (iso, etc..) and use the preset modes but I can not for the time to get used to them.
I am left wondering if the Powershot A1100 would have covered my expectations better but finally I chose the IXUS because it had very good reviews.
Had a little over budget would have opted for the IXUS 100 (higher angle and high definition video).
Here you can see a picture taken with the camera:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6195/img0005fq.jpg
Thank you all for your advice!

try iMerchant.com/webmaster.cgi to Increase your brand exposure while GETTING PAID! iMerchant is a useful tool for increasing brand exposure. Being listed on our site directory promotes your business to all current and future members and generate monthly revenue for you on each product

Most reactions

Back