Practical Jokes Anyone?

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anybody like to pull practical jokes on friends or co-workers? What do you consider your best practical joke ever? Please share...:D

Oh... I forgot to list mine:

As you know, I work in a Symphony Orchestra. One day, after a morning rehearsal I told one of my co-workers "See you tomorrow morning..." Our schedule is pretty much filled with rehearsals in the mornings but so happened that the next day we had a day off. Needless to say, my friend showed up, after a 45 mile commuting drive. There was no one at the Hall.

But that's not all... A year or so later, we ran into a similar thing, after a rehearsal I told the same friend "See you tomorrow morning..."

Of course he didn't show up, but this time there was a rehearsal! He didn't believe me the day before, knowing that I tricked him once before.

I rather enjoy, when paying a [small] toll at a highway booth, to hand the attendant double the amount and tell him/her that I'm also paying for the car following me.

There's no way that I'll ever know how things turn out, but it's a joke in which no one is embarrassed or significantly discomforted.

A book to look up: The Compleat Practical Joker, H. Allen Smith.

We had this system admin that was a complete moron. I had worked with him in a previous job and he was below me in the ranks, yet somehow in 3 months had done a Barry Bonds on his resume and was suddenly this huge computer guru.

Anyways, we decided to get back at him for blowing the network. So we put Visene in his coffee. Didn't work. So we tried chocolate X-Lax bars. Didn't really work. So then we decided we would go all out.

We created a Chineese Take-out/Delivery menu, a beautiful, well-crafted tri-fold menu with everything on it, including prices, as well as a large grand opening flyer and 24 hour service. We mass-dropped them at supermarkets, parts stores, pet shops, any business that would let us promote "our" business. That weekend his house was bombarded with phone calls. This guy was such a winner he lived with his mom, and she was stuck answering the phone non-stop for a week. She was actually telling people "No, you have the wrong number, but I was down at (name of supermarket) this week and they have a really good deal on Sweet and Sour Chicken." He came in Monday just dead tired, saying he spent all weekend answering the phone for some wrong number.

Finally after 3 weeks the phone calls died down. He still to this day does not know how/where it came from, even after seeing one of the flyers hanging on the buletin board at work.

So if you would like some Chineese, I can send you a flyer!!!!

Take an aerosol can of some kind (shaving cream and house-insuilation are the ones that work best). Freeze it. Cut the can away. You will now have a solid block of said substance. Place in locker, car, office, pants(?), etc. Allow to expand as it melts.

Shaving cream is a lot less permanent. ;)

Hm. what else...

Rent a cow (yes, you can rent cows). Take it up a few flights of stairs. They can't get down stairs, only up.

More with the farm animals... get three pigs. Grease them with something and paint 1, 2, and 4 on their sides in large numbers. Release them in your school/office/whatever. When somebody finds them, they'll spend hours looking for number three before they give up. :lol:

And here's a really good, totally harmless one:
Put vaseline on things that people tend to touch without thinking about it: the inside of a car-door handle, the side of their computer mouse, the under/inside of a doorknob, lightswitches, phones, the handles of forks, spoons and knives, and the best one: on the toilet seat.

Put scotch tape over the keyhole of somebody's car... works great when it's dark out.

nyyphan said:
We had this system admin that was a complete moron. I had worked with him in a previous job and he was below me in the ranks, yet somehow in 3 months had done a Barry Bonds on his resume and was suddenly this huge computer guru.

Anyways, we decided to get back at him for blowing the network. So we put Visene in his coffee. Didn't work. So we tried chocolate X-Lax bars. Didn't really work. So then we decided we would go all out.

We created a Chineese Take-out/Delivery menu, a beautiful, well-crafted tri-fold menu with everything on it, including prices, as well as a large grand opening flyer and 24 hour service. We mass-dropped them at supermarkets, parts stores, pet shops, any business that would let us promote "our" business. That weekend his house was bombarded with phone calls. This guy was such a winner he lived with his mom, and she was stuck answering the phone non-stop for a week. She was actually telling people "No, you have the wrong number, but I was down at (name of supermarket) this week and they have a really good deal on Sweet and Sour Chicken." He came in Monday just dead tired, saying he spent all weekend answering the phone for some wrong number.

Finally after 3 weeks the phone calls died down. He still to this day does not know how/where it came from, even after seeing one of the flyers hanging on the buletin board at work.

So if you would like some Chineese, I can send you a flyer!!!!

THAT IS GREAT!!!!!!!

Most of mine are just the "play with their head" kind. I used to be a resident assistant in an 800 resident university freshmen tower. I'm not at liberty to talk much about the craziness we had to control, but I can say something about the stuff we caused. :) Freshman curiosity just kills them when they know something's going on but we can't tell them, so sometimes we'd have the radios and act like we were searching the building for something/someone and not respond to anyone's questions. When a friend and I sprinted back through a floor like someone was going to die, I was being quizzed for a week.

Even better, and not quite as subtle, was when I was on an elevator full of residents from my own floor . . . and I happened to have convinced one of the senior staff members to let me have their elevator key. Elevators stop REAL fast (and go real dark) when the power is cut off. :) This isn't as evil as it sounds. I did it as part of a program I put together for my floor. They knew something was up, just not all the details.

Most reactions

Back