Practice catching with manual focus

Thats a nice pic and props for using manual focus. I have tried to focus manually and have failed horribly many times.

Nice photograph.

Don't mean to get off topic but where have all the bees gone? Keep that photograph and in 30 years people will ask what type of insect that is....

Great capture! I can never get the bees in flight as more than a shapless blurry mass. I've taken pics of bees on the same kind of flower.

Don't mean to get off topic but where have all the bees gone? Keep that photograph and in 30 years people will ask what type of insect that is....

So true!!!!!!!!

Kind of sad.....just think, 15 yrs. ago African bees from S. Am. were supposed to overtake N. Am.:er:

Definitely a fine photo. I've tried to manual focus my daughter many a times and nearly put her in time out in an effort to keep her from moving (not that it would've worked); not too mention, my shakey hands. Anybody have a good tips on manual focus?

have a good one
3Eo

Great! Manually focusing on moving objects can be a pain in the ass sometimes :(

Great shot!

Nice photograph.

I don't mean to throw this thread off topic but as far as the bees I know here in Northeast Ohio there was an infestation of a certain type of insect (can't remember the name off the top of my head) that has been killing hives of bees. A lot of beekeepers in the area have been complaining about it as well as the natural population of bees has become almost nonexistent.

Sidenote: I live on an apple farm and in the spring we get around 20-30 hives of bees brought in to pollinate the trees. :wink:

Ok back on topic!

Wow, good shot.

We had a particularly heavy population in March before the big freeze. They were all over my holly bushes. The only ones we have left now are wasps and since oen stung my son, we've had to get rid of them.

Last month, a bumblebee almost froze in front of me and by the time I got my camera out and pointed it, he flew away, LOL.

a skill forgotten. i find it extremely hard to manually focus with my 30D. the viewfinder just is not made for that type of thing anymore. i thought about buying a new focusing screen that would help with that...but i hear rumors that say they do not work that well either.

Most reactions

Back