Practice Photo Shoot @ Starved Rock

mindfloodz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s116.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got out with a couple of friends and their kids to a place called Starved Rock. Unfortunately, we had a stroller with us and to really get good shots, you have to go up A TON of stairs. Well, that wasn't happening, so we settled for a couple shots in a valley with rock walls. Maybe next time I can get some awesome shots from some of the amazing cliffs, waterfalls and rock structures that Starved rock has to offer. Here's a few of the shots I did get. They are all pretty soft. I should have increased my shutter speed to over 1/250. Oh well, that's why they call it practice. You live and you learn.

IMG_4878iso.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4738portrait.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

IMG_4749bw8x10.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

just my opinion, a couple of these look sorta like snapshots, i.e. 4 and 5.

the selective coloring is a neat idea in 1, but i think it kind of detracts the photo's focus on the boy. if there are colors on his shirt, maybe try giving that some color instead and see what happens.

A lot of them were snapshots. I was just playing around with settings and trying to get good focus. I was given advice on another forum I belong to, in which I was told to increase my ISO to around 800, rather than use the ISO of 100 I was using, and increase my shutter speed to more than my focal length (i.e 200mm = >1/200 sec) Anyhow, I will be trying that to attempt to get sharper images and reduce the softness and snapshottiness of the images. Thank you very much for you feedback. All critiques are appreciated!

P.S. I will be attempting to bring a lil color to his shirt and make him be the star of the picture and not the slide. When I get to it, I will repost it in this thread. Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back