woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Everyone know that portraits aren't my thing :er:
But I'm still trying. Playing with some light (or lack of) inside.

52592082-L.jpg

52635365-L.jpg

Think ya done good :thumbsup: love the shot of yer kid...look at those eyes :mrgreen:
first one...like how the light falls on yer face but mebbe try be a bit more selective in where else the light falls...yer highlighting yer toes and knee. I realize yer not working with special equipment so I'm just pointing it out for information.
good tries jake! :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback Jon!
I will keep trying. Maybe some day I'll invest in a couple of *real* lights :mrgreen:

I like these quite a bit. The pose and the facial lighting work really well together on the first one. As Jon said, the knee and toes might be a big bright, but good show. The highlights in the baby's eyes make it for me in the second one.
Keep it up! :D

ehhh... I'm feelin the other way around. I like the lighting on the first. The "split lighting" is a good choice for the subject and pose. I suppose if the toes are really a bother, you could do a bit of burning.

The direction of light and the strong ratio is, IMO, not a good choice for a baby. The catch lights at the bottom of the eyes is a bit scarey. The extreme close-up too isn't working for me. Cute lil feller, though.

I hope this is helpful.

Pete

Most reactions

Back