Practising Portraits #1

OP, don't let these guys neuter you. You apologized for the shrub and for the lack of eye contact, both of which add to the context of a fairly well taken photo. The world simply can't be filled with doe-eyed, slant-shouldered, full-domed, well lit, portrait-oriented head shots. I quite like this. She's a shy girl sitting down for a cup of coffee. It's nice.

OP, don't let these guys neuter you. You apologized for the shrub and for the lack of eye contact, both of which add to the context of a fairly well taken photo. The world simply can't be filled with doe-eyed, slant-shouldered, full-domed, well lit, portrait-oriented head shots. I quite like this. She's a shy girl sitting down for a cup of coffee. It's nice.
Listen to this guy!

I agree. I chop heads all the time.

If one takes all of the suggestions mentioned, they end up with a McPortrait.

It's a decent foundation to build from, but hopefully one can also develop a style and voice of their own.

This one looks to me like a "lifestyle" portrait. Not quite posed or candid. Unrehearsed, yet the subject is aware of the camera. It's pretty nice for that genre.

If one takes all of the suggestions mentioned, they end up with a McPortrait.

It's a decent foundation to build from, but hopefully one can also develop a style and voice of their own.

This one looks to me like a "lifestyle" portrait. Not quite posed or candid. Unrehearsed, yet the subject is aware of the camera. It's pretty nice for that genre.

Yes the subject was not reharsed. I clicked few more but some went out of focus and didnt look good.

Im posting another one which led to the shot that I posted earlier.

Santosh Rane
Suunto Ambit 2
GNote 2
Samsung NX300
Merida TFS100

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1379508992906.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1379508992906.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 100
On the above shot. The break in the wrist. The 45seg angle from the camera and both eyes seen was intentional.

But ive read that whites of the eye visible is not good. But like I said this was not posted since I agree that lots better could have been done

Santosh Rane
Suunto Ambit 2
GNote 2
Samsung NX300
Merida TFS100

Most reactions

New Topics

Back