Prayer

Tiller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! What I was trying to accomplish with this picture was a moody, serious pose. I wanted the eyes to be dark to make it a little mysterious. It was also a practice at lighting.

IMG_7638.jpg by tsmcdona, on Flickr

Thank you for taking a look!
Tyler

I really love the lighting where it's falling on her, it is very solemn and I do get the mood. I am undecided on the eyes, I think they are just a wee bit too dark, almost black orbs. Perhaps just a hint of eyelid would have worked.

I really love the lighting where it's falling on her, it is very solemn and I do get the mood. I am undecided on the eyes, I think they are just a wee bit too dark, almost black orbs. Perhaps just a hint of eyelid would have worked.

I am no pro but I would like to add my two cents for what it is worth and piggy back off of Trever1t. I do like the lighting, mood, and I actually really like the dead space above but I have to agree the lighting on the eyes isn't doing it for me.

Ok thank you both for your input. I will take a fresh look at it in the morning and see if it can be improved!

I agree completely. You might try pulling the shadow up a little in post or just bringing the exposure up to see what you will get. I do really like the shot though.

Thank you shaylou!

I like this image (I missed the original); I think the lighting works very well to achieve the intended mood, but I would suggest leveling the shoulders. Nicely lit & captured.

Thank you John :D I will work on the shoulders.

Most reactions

Back