Praying Mantis

Amnesic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a couple shots I took of this praying mantis I found. He was really cool, did not like being held much though. There is this bush in my yard that literally has 50 or more bumbles bees around it. He was there the whole day just eating bumble bees right after another.

Praying_Mantis_by_amnesic726.jpg

Cross_eyed_by_amnesic726.jpg

I am really unhappy with the way this one came out, but I thought it would be cool to show how he is eating the bee.
Bee_Dinner_by_amnesic726.jpg

I captioned this one for fun :).
imgp0736cl3.jpg

:lol:

Nice one.

#1's my favourite. He almost looks like he's posing for you!

My favorite one is number two. The purple flowers are kind of weird, they catch my eye in a way that flip-flops from pleasing to jarring, back to pleasing again. The only problem with it that I see is that because the mantis's head doesn't stand out that much from the bright background

Number one is really cool. I wish you'd had the opportunity to get a different background color for that picture though.

Edit: I forgot to say that I think the one of it eating the bee is pretty cool even if the lighting is funky.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to say I like number two the best also. The highlights and shadows dont work in it for me though. The first one reminds me of predator for some reason.
The last one with the caption is funny, looks like you got his mouth open and looks like he's smiling at you.

Thanks everyone! Yeah I am not really fond of the last two with the flowers in them. The lighting and shadows came out weird...

Most reactions

Back