Precautions for shooting at the lake?

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going this weekend to photograph Caddo Lake and would like to get some input on what precautions you may have used in the past to keep your Rig dry in the event your boat flips or your bag falls out of the boat,or any of the other scenarios that make you cring to think about.
Thanks again

wow... maybe get a water proof case? eeekkkk i wuld jsut be super careful. i'd say if u droped it over the side, ur SOL.:(

Those dry zones are 220 in ebay.Not to bad seeing as I have over 1k wrapped up in my rig already.

The reality is that you can't protect your gear very well when you are using it. A Dryzone bag is great...but it will only protect your gear when it's zipped up in the bag. If you are bringing your camera...it's obviously to use it...and things like an overturned boat or a 'whoops'...aren't things that you see coming.

My camera gear is all covered under my home owner's insurance...even when it's not in my home. I also have a rider on my policy, which gives me a lower deductible on my camera gear. I still take care of my gear...but I have some peace of mind when I do use it in dangerous situations.

I'll have to check into that.wouldnt mind paying for a little insurance seeing as how I am going to have my rig in some sketchy places at times.

how do u get insurance on camera gear? do warranties cover "oops"? lol
My home owner's insurance automatically covers all my camera gear...and other 'possessions'. The problem is that to keep the premiums low on my house insurance...the deductible is high...$500 or $1000...but what good is that, if I have to pay $1000 to make a claim for a $1200 piece of gear? So I got a rider for my gear as described above. It costs a bit more...though.

They told me that it covers just about anything. Theft or damage, accidental or not...in the home or out if it.

If you have home insurance, call and ask if it covers camera gear. If not, ask about a policy for your gear.

Most reactions

Back