Preschool photography

johnlo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jklimagery.com
is there a place I can VENT out??? I had such a UGLY day. I will say that after this month is over. I will NO LONGER be photographing PreSchool ever again. Its not the kids. they are great. Still Love photographing them. Its the Director and the parents.

I had one school today.... tried to make a deal with me that if we can photograph their 12 graduating kids. He will let me photograph the other 60 kids . I told him over and over again that I have no day available this month. I am ALL BOOKED. Which word he didnt understand?!?!?!

I can go on and on.... but i think this is good enough.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:)

johnlo

I've done just one pre-school, and will probably be back again this year. I know what you mean about the parents. I prefer they NOT be there on picture day. In fact, in the studio, I leave the parents in the waiting room whenever possible.

Good luck with the directors! They feel their job is to "handle" people... people like you and me.

One of the hardest things to do is turn down business, but I'm starting to learn that if potential clients are a pain in the butt to just say no.

Feel free to vent we are here for you, man. I would say that you get extra credit for even considering work with the critters.

Of course Matt said it best. Client's lack of understanding the photographic process never ceases to amaze me. In my infinite wisdom I never figure that out until they are breathing down my neck rambling idiotic ideas. Sometimes I wish I dug ditches for a living.

When you say preschool photos...

Is this like - class photos. Or do you do a whole shoot for each child?

Here in Australia - they just do class photos... In my last year at primary school - they started doing portraits aswell - but it was just a quick sit & snap...

I have noticed the words "senior photos"... We don't have anything like that - just the sit & snap thing as I said before...

fadingaway1986 said:
When you say preschool photos...

Is this like - class photos. Or do you do a whole shoot for each child?

Here in Australia - they just do class photos... In my last year at primary school - they started doing portraits aswell - but it was just a quick sit & snap...

I have noticed the words "senior photos"... We don't have anything like that - just the sit & snap thing as I said before...

ya, here in the states, each child or students do get photograph individually. and of course they also have a class pic photographed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back