Presenting a very common question that needs suggestions. :)

Reaction score
Good (morning,afternoon,night)
I am presenting everyone with the most common question on here; What would you suggest for a digital Camera. I'm new to photography, and i'm not great with technology (no patience, really.) I would love somthing that was just simple, and also a zoom. I really like zoom... I'm willing to spend up to, maybe 600, but any less would be lurve-ly!
Thank ya all! :wink:
Emily

Welcome to the forum.

It's really hard to make a suggestion without knowing more about you and what you what to shoot and how you want to shoot it.

Normally I recommend people look at a digital SLR camera because they are quite superior to the many many digital "digi-cams"...but it sounds like a DSLR may be more camera than you need.

There are so many cameras and they are changing so quickly, that it's hard to keep up. I think the best thing you can do, is to figure out what you want (you have said zoom and something simple) and go into a camera/electronics store and hold the different cameras. Ask to try them out and see which ones feel best to you. You may not buy one right away, but it will give you an idea of what you are looking at. You can compare cameras side by side at www.dpreview.com

The are plenty of cameras with 10x or 12x zoom. That just means that the focal length at the short end is 1/10 (or 12) of the focal length at the long end.

I suggest looking at cameras with Image Stabilization. This will help you get clearer photos with less blurriness from camera shake. Canon for example, has the S3IS.

I suggest sticking with a good brand. Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony, Panosonic etc.

Most reactions

Back