President Bush came to town

Coralguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are a couple of shots my wife got. She said the distance was around 20 feet. It was a horribly overcast day and not good for photography. She said these were shot in Program mode on the D1x. Please keep in mind these have not been corrected, other than auto levels. I just resized and uploaded.
If you watched the news, President Bush was in Stillwater today for a speech, he landed here though.

bush4.jpg

bush3.jpg

Oh, how interesting. I have never seen any of our German politicians from up close, ever.

One thing people don't realize if you get your picture taken by the White House photographer shaking the Presidents hand. You can get a copy from them!

I once used a College newpaper press pass to get into the photo pool. I got some pretty good shot of Clinton. One day a guy in a car followed me and when I pulled over he introduced himself to me and ansked if I had his picture. I was like what. And he explained the whole white house thing to me and that they didnt have his picture. He thought maybe I had taken his picture with the President and was trying to get a copy. He kind of freaked me out some. I didn't have a clue who he was. I basically lied to him to get away saying that I didn't keep the negatives the paper does. They only printed 2 off of my negatives. I had actually taken the pictures freelance.

Anyway I ran into the guy again like 4 years later. It ends up he owns a pizza resturant right next door to my parents furniture store. He has a wall full of himself and very famous people. Its kinda his hobby. Someday I may look at my negs. :)

I was really happy for her. Not many people in this part of the country get to see a President let alone take their pic, so close. She was really lucky to get the pass, badge and of course, the fun security screening. She also had a couple nice shots of the snipers on top of the trucks.

Congrats to the wife for being in the right place at the right time… Too bad the subject wasn’t more worthy of photographing.

DepthAfield said:
Congrats to the wife for being in the right place at the right time… Too bad the subject wasn’t more worthy of photographing.
look i don't like him either, i disagree wit his policies, i think he's a joke.
but this about photography, not your political views, and besides, the fact that he holds such power, and is so controversial makes him an extremely worthy subject.

Take it easy Killer… My comment was meant as humor.

You’ve made a far more politically charged statement in your opening sentence…

Luke said:
look i don't like him either, i disagree wit his policies, i think he's a joke.

Lighten up, both of you. Luke is correct in saying this is about photography. :)

Any editorial comments are best left unsaid, as per the "no politics" rules of TPF.

Thanks!

I wish I could have taken the photos, but, it's her job not mine. I will try and take some shots of the oldest kiddo's ball game and post for critique. I need all I can get.

He came around here a couple years ago and I snapped a pic as they were driving by and you can see him waving in the limo window that's about as good as I could get :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back