Pretty flower in white

If you cropped off most of the gray wall in the portrait shot, this for me would be the best of the two because the flower is facing up so the extra space at the top helps the shot, but the gray wall doesn't. :wink: In the landscape version it seems a bit confined and the center part of the flower is just enough out of focus to make the blurred front edge distracting.

Carry a small spray bottle of water or glycerine with you. Take some shots of the flower without some spray drops on it, then spray it and take some shots with the spray droplets. Pick the ones you prefer. In most cases the droplets help.

Looks somewhat underexposed ("veiled look" as intensity values on flower do not touch right side of histogram).

Thanks for all the comments, I will take them into consideration. The shots are a little underexposed which I have done on purpose so I don't lose the fine details of the white petals, I may mess around with adjustment brushes in lightroom to work around this. Also, I'm working with the 18-55mm kit lens which is hard to get a sharp focus with with closeup shots, it's the only lens I have that will allow me to get this close. I will definitely give the spray bottle idea a go.

Most reactions

Back