Pretty in pink, please C&C

harponi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a couple of shots from my wife and I's 3rd outing. The weather was much more co-operative, cooler (90) with an overcast sky. We found another cool location. (Were not exactly Lewis & Clark, the West Bottoms in KC are used by everybody in town who wants to take a picture with an urban background:D.)
(1) Is my favorite.
DSCN0444.jpg

(2)
DSCN0412.jpg

(3) I also wanted to do some girl & car shots with my Camaro. I like this one, beacuse her smile captures the fun we were having with this. She asked me If I wanted her to act like she was climbing out like one of the Duke boys climbing out of the General Lee. I think It works, in a fun way.
DSCN0387.jpg

(4)
DSCN0391.jpg

They are OK.

Cool location?? I don't like weeds and graffiti. Maybe if it is freaked out HDR, but it didn't do anyhting for your shots in my opinion.

1 has too much wall and looks crooked. Head is a little unnatural. I'm not into all the weeds and crap. 2 has too much wall. 3 has a distracting door. 4 is hot, but she is way too small and too much lot. She is an afterthought in that shot, she should be the center of attention. 2 has her arm too big. She has some nice hot shoes anyway in the pix.

Get some books on posing women and study them up. Keep blasting away and send in more. Keep in mind I'm no fashion tog. I'm a doc tog, so maybe someone else can help you better.

Try some BW as well as detoned color boudoir too. They may look good with her. Soft focus lens looks good on some gals too. Try one out. Try some trees at the park, not all that distracting background. And open up the lens and show some bokeh.

You got a pretty gal, move in tight and cut the crap! Lay her down in the grass and try some shots as well. Just move in tight.

DSCN0391.jpg

Last edited:
Ohhhhhh!!! You know I love these!!!! I LOVE THEM! Great - huge - over the top improvement!!! She looks so much more comfortable and happy in these shots vs the other trials. #2 is my favorite, and I think with more post processing, you've got a winner :)

I did a bit of re-edit on #2. . . my thoughts are to use post processing to fix the areas that outdoor lighting causes (like deep shadows that enhance the appearance of wrinkles). Also did a little brightening, a light vignette, and eye brightening. :)

$HarpEdit.jpg

You seem to be overwhelmed with the idea of making your wife into some sex object and pretty much skipping over some of the photography issues here.

frame/crop so that there isn't extra space
keep walls straight up and down - cause that's the way they are.
and watch for figure problems that your photography is exaberrating - like this bulging under the arms.

$DSCN0412lllllllllllll.jpg

I don't really like the ones by the car. She's not very sharp and the background is not very pretty, doesn't fit your wife so well. Her skin tones looks a little strange on some of them. I'd like a natural non sexy smile from her and not in a car with keys dangling from her hands lol. It's not very often people sits like that in the window. Looks like she likes being in front of the camera though and like you are having fun.

Sexy is sexiest when it isn't trying to be sexy. Unfortunately, all of your photos convey extreme effort, and that isn't working.

Others may disagree, but I suggest you take a completely different approach. Use the same locations, even the same props (that car is really cool), but have her wear some very ordinary clothing - perhaps what she wears when she's at home working on the computer or gardening or studying. Jeans and flip flops, simple tee, summer dress, whatever. Something plain and comfortable.

Try some "candid" shots. Let her walk around, sit on the ground beside the car, touch things, look at the sky, her toes, whatever. When posing her, have her eyes remain visible, but looking away from the camera, as if you aren't present. As if she is alone. Allow her to relax and just be herself, to take in the scenery, to think about some very personal or fun event in her life. Bring some unexpected emotion into the photo. Ask her to relate a favorite story from her childhood or teens. How you both met, perhaps. When she lost a friend or pet. Have her tell a joke of her favourite comedian. Then, capture that mood and see how it looks. She might look at you at some point, but I bet you she'll have a very different look in her eyes than before. Something real. It might just be quite sexy.

Sexy is sexiest when it isn't trying to be sexy.
Same for being cool, by the way.

For example, Wesley Snipes is usually a natural when it comes to coolness.

In the Blade movies, however, he TRIES to be cool, and thus turns very uncool.

Again lots of improvement from your last 2 sets. But I wish you would change the clothes. It's very distracting. Put her in normal clothes! If you want something sexy and a little revealing try a dress half way down her thigh with a little cleavege. But this whole booty shorts, cut up shirt in high heels just takes away from your wifes beautiful face! & sexy doesn't have to be in attire. You want some sexy shots take a photo that shows her confidence and playfulness in a way that is natural and HER Personality. And while yes showing skin is sexy, only to a limit then it starts looking like shes trying way to hard.

Now about the pictures! I really think your doing a lot better with composition Number one is i think your strongest, I love how shes relaxed looking and the smile! I also like number two, if she was going for the "sexy look" she did well.

Overall, in my opinion ofc, I think your getting better and better! Keep shooting :)

You seem to be overwhelmed with the idea of making your wife into some sex object and pretty much skipping over some of the photography issues here.

frame/crop so that there isn't extra space
keep walls straight up and down - cause that's the way they are.
and watch for figure problems that your photography is exaberrating - like this bulging under the arms.

View attachment 13331

I'm confused about your crop suggestion. had I'd cropped it like that Id have had several "shes too centered" comments, At least from what I've read in others posts.

As far as the clothing selection, that is up to her. At one point my wife did swimsuit modeling, and spokes person type modeling jobs. She want to get back into fitness model shape, and has been working very hard at it. She still has a way to go to reach her goals, but these shoots have inspired a new confidence, shes also hew worst critic when it comes to imperfection in her figure, but know instead of complaining about it she's working harder on that area at the gym.We're not trying to bring about world peace, we're trying to have fun and build her confidence back some. The response that we have heard from friends is very positive. Several of her girlfriends and her sister want us to take them out and take some picture of them, as surprises to boyfriends and husbands. I hope we get to do a few of these too, since I believe being on my side of the camera will help her out with her poses and such.

I love the idea have carrying on a talking more during the shoot, about stuff not pertaining to the shoot to get better emotional responses. She hates when I catch her wrinkling her nose when she laughs, but I love those snapshots the best.

As far as the skin tone, I noticed that having a bright orange car in the middle of you picture sorta freaks out the color balance of the shot, and also reflects on everything and turns it orange.
Thanks for the supportive comments, and the critiques.

I'm confused about your crop suggestion. had I'd cropped it like that Id have had several "shes too centered" comments, At least from what I've read in others posts.

Anyone who looks at that crop and says it's too centered has no clue about composition.

As far as the clothing selection, that is up to her. At one point my wife did swimsuit modeling, and spokes person type modeling jobs. She want to get back into fitness model shape, and has been working very hard at it. She still has a way to go to reach her goals, but these shoots have inspired a new confidence, shes also hew worst critic when it comes to imperfection in her figure, but know instead of complaining about it she's working harder on that area at the gym.We're not trying to bring about world peace, we're trying to have fun and build her confidence back some.

The response that we have heard from friends is very positive. Several of her girlfriends and her sister want us to take them out and take some picture of them, as surprises to boyfriends and husbands. I hope we get to do a few of these too, since I believe being on my side of the camera will help her out with her poses and such.

You post this picture and her arm looks flabby in this picture.
I respond to what I see, without regard to your wife's hopes and aspirations.
If you want her to feel good, take pictures that maximize her good features and minimize those that aren't so good.
Don't immortalize the flaws.

And, I certainly don't care what her friends think. They're her friends.
Their role is to say how wonderful she looks and make her feel good.
We're here to help you with making better pictures.

NEVER NEVER NEVER take a photo of a woman's face head on, spreads the nose across the face and puts to much emphisis on jowels, especially with older women. ALWAYS shoot at slite angle giving nose depth. Also strand of hair over the lower side of the eye adds much more to the facial expression. Photo chop out bra straps, they are distracting. Highly recommend you purchase Profession Posing Techniques By Amhirst Media. I think you will benifit from this book. Also, pose woman and men to their age, as they say as we all get older gravity is our enemy. If you are going for the bad girl look, the make up must reflect that, what you have is a mixture of the bad girl and the studious girl look, result confusing. Sexy for young is good, dignafide as we get older is better (and in many cases sexy). Case in point when poising against wall, arms (again please take this for education) lower skin is hanging and that is disgracting. Posing her face just upward about three more inches would have got rid of the wrinkle in the neck area. Woman are Very Very sensitive about this. Hope this helps, GREAT potential in all of you photos... FYI when I got back from Viet Nam in 1970 I purchased this 69 Camaro (GM was on strike could not get a 1970), called a YENKO, had no idea who or what Yenko was. Same color Hugger Orange with black stripe and black interior with vinyal roof. Had 427 in it. loved that car.....

Last edited:
(As I recall, Yencko was a Chevrolet dealer who did engine/body modifications to Camaros, and maybe other models, and put his name on the cars in huge letters. Sort of like Shelby, but not nearly as well known. Probably very collectible now.)

Your wife has a nice smile.. she should use it more! Also... the sex kitten poses don't really cut it for anyone past a certain age, and IMO, your wife would be a lot more attractive with standard poses, and clothing.

I haven't posted in any of your threads before this because I didn't want to take a chance on offending you. I am NOT trying to be offensive... just stating something that others before me have said also.

You also need to work on backgrounds, basic camera skills, lighting, posing, etc... to really make your wife look like the lovely lady she no doubt is. Bimbo poses and out of focus shots are not the best thing for her... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back