pretty little bugs (not for 56k)

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Several of these have been posted before, but it occured to me that there is now quite a collection, so hope you enjoy them.

tim

all shot with a 105 sigma EX except for the last one shot from a stack through a 5x Leitz microscope lens on m42 bellows. I am sorry if any of the pics dont show up, my host has been having some problems with specific IPs, but hitting F5 should cure it.

ladybird_01.jpg

ladybird_02.jpg

ladybird_10.jpg

ladybird_03.jpg

ladybird_04.jpg

ladybird_05.jpg

ladybird_07.jpg

ladybird_08.jpg

ladybird_09.jpg

10 Baby lady bug
ladybirdlarvebody1a.jpg

my god they are doing the "deed" in pic #3!!:stun:

nice shots btw :thumbup:

Great critters, great colour, comp and sharpness. Very nice set, Thanks for posting them up. Enjoyed.

cool pics, so many different ladybugs eh :)
I just got the same lens 2 weeks ago. Cant wait for spring and all its bugs.

doenoe personally I think that is the best choice for 1:1 macro. If you are inerested you can have a look here, there are a bunch of full size pictures from a minolta 100mm macro, supposedly one of the best ever macros compared to the same shots from the sigma, admitedly the minolta has a longer minimum focusing distance that is really helpfull for live subjects and lighting etc but otherwise i think that the sigma gives a nicer picture.
http://www.scientificillustration.net/_temp/macro_test/
be warned they are very test like test pics and not interesting in any other way :).

100vs105plant_f_test_tn.jpg

see what i mean :).

tim

Very nice! I like # 3 the best, but not because of what the bugs are up to LOL. Just because the colors in that one really pop and its so sharp. I also like #9; I'm assuming what the lady bug is eating are aphids? Considering what they look like to the naked eye -> wow!

I like #3 the best because I have a dirty mind.

#9 reminds me that I have to do something about my plants out front this year.

And they're just all great anyhow! Always enjoy seeing your shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back