pretty new here, been lurking...

Ltdave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so my home page notification box (where a photo would show up with my user name and messages and such) shows i have 2 messages...

i cant click on the messages in order to read them and if i click my name, it takes me to my personal info page but that shows conflicting info with "2 messages" on the left side of the page and "0 messages" in the middle of the page...

what gives?

You have posted two (now three) messages. You can hover on your user name in the upper right corner, and a drop-down menu will appear. Click on "your content" to see your messages.

You have posted two (now three) messages. You can hover on your user name in the upper right corner, and a drop-down menu will appear. Click on "your content" to see your messages.

when i hover over my name, it just shows a line underneath it like its a link...

there is no drop down menu...

Far upper right-hand corner.

Hover over your screen name in the top-right part of the browser window, not the left side of the thread.

I think the term "messages" is a little misleading ... should it not say alerts?

okay, i get it now...

im so used to other forums where "messages" mean that someone sent a message to me (i.e. PM or IM) and not a running tally of posts ive made...

thanks

The "messages" (left side of window) are actually thread posts.
Private messages sow up in "Inbox" at top-right. "Alerts" (next to "Inbox") are notifications of posts in watched threads, quoted replies to your posts, likes, disagreements, etc.

Most reactions

Back