Price looks a little to low

Holy crap. I just spent over an hour reading the reviews from that place, from that link that "alrey" included, and I am furious that a place like that can still be operating. I'm way too justice-oriented for my own good, I know, but WOW. I am at a total loss for words. HOW SCARY is it that places like that can exist without retribution?!?!

And interestingly their filters and accessories are way over priced (except the cleaning kit). I think I paid somewhere between $20-25 for my UV filter (I only use it to protect my lens) and $79 for a polarized filter??? I paid like $35 for mine. What is a world-wide warranty? Their going to have you ship it to them anyway. I could ship a lens from anywhere in the world under a warranty that isn't "world-wide."

Look here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/1_Way_Photo

Holy crap. I just spent over an hour reading the reviews from that place, from that link that "alrey" included, and I am furious that a place like that can still be operating. I'm way too justice-oriented for my own good, I know, but WOW. I am at a total loss for words. HOW SCARY is it that places like that can exist without retribution?!?!

I totally agree with you. With it so obvious that many people are getting ripped off by them how are they still in buisiness? They've got to be breaking SOME kind of law.

They are walking a very fine line.. but many of those shops have been "in business" for YEARS. Well before the internet was even widely accessible.

These posting appear here pretty much every week or so... so whatever they are doing... it is working in their favor. The only person that you can depend to protect your interests is you... which means be a smart consumer.

I check BBB and resellerratings quite frequently.

From the BBB on 1wayphoto:
"Complaints filed with the BBB indicate that 1WayPhoto employs bait and switch tactics in order to sell extra merchandise or higher priced merchandise to customers. Consumers report that after they place an order on-line they confirm their order over the phone and that while confirming the firm offers lenses, chargers, and warranties to “upgrade” their orders. When consumers decline to purchase the extra products, they are told the item they wanted is on backorder even though the website maintains that the item is in stock. Consumers who do complete their purchases allege that they are grossly over-charged for their orders. They are sent an incomplete invoice without an itemized list of charges making it impossible to know what exactly they are being charged for."

My experience is that 9/10 online photo shops based out of NYC are scams. This is of course with the exception of adorama, bh, photovillage, tamarkin, etc...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back