Prices of 5D Mark II in USA?

maybeshewill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm heading to the USA and Canada for a few months in June to hit up all the awesome national parks and I'm tossing up whether to buy a 5D Mark II here in Aus used (can get one in good condition with relatively low shutter count for about $1700), or buy a new one when I arrive in the states in LA, before embarking on our trip.

Just wondering what kind of prices there are in the states in shops and would it be worth waiting till I get there, or buying a well looked after one here?

Last edited:
$2199 (US) is the going rate for a new 5DmkII. But they may be getting hard to find. B&H is showing it as back ordered Canon EOS 5D Mark II Digital Camera (Body Only) 2764B003 B&H

As far as I know, it's no longer being manufactured and will be completely replaced by the Mark III, so I wouldn't count on just picking up a new one. As far as a used one goes...I don't know. Check E-bay auctions etc. to see what they are going for.

You should be able to find one for about $1700 on ebay. But will the american version work in Aus? Do yall run on 110 or 220? This is very important.

You should be able to find one for about $1700 on ebay. But will the american version work in Aus? Do yall run on 110 or 220? This is very important.

The chargers are universal. You will just need to replace the figure 8 cable with your local version, or use a wall socket adapter.

This is speaking from experience after lugging my 5d2, bought in Australia, around 3 continents.

Most modern gadgets like digital cameras can work fine on 110 or 220 volts... When I traveled to Australia in 2009, my Rebel charged just fine (with the appropriate plug adapter, of course). It should say on the back of the battery charger.

I was looking on ebay and the cheapest I saw was $1990 or something very close to that, and it was from Hong Kong.

^^^

You have to troll it pretty often to scoop the really good deals.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back