pricing a corporate job...help!

bostonphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey all,

i've been contacted by an international company to do some photography for their boston office. they need:

-headshots (roughly 10, maybe less)
-"business type corporate shots…for backdrops on a website. Meetings, small groups meeting, pc screens, server room, etc." (so basically stock-type photos, but they want scenes from their own office) - 10-20 final images

from the email: "I’d almost think about it this way…spend the day at our office, take a ****load of pictures of people and ‘stuff’ and sell us the unrestricted ability to use said images for our purposes (not resale). So price some prep time, a day (?) of your time on site, some post office time doing clean-up and tweaking of images, and then getting us pics to use."

i don't shoot corporate jobs. ever. EVER. i photograph music and fashion and portraits so this is way out of my normal realm of work. i can tell you i charge $100/head for headshots, so i've started there, but i have NO clue how to price out the rest of that. i would say i need a half day for prep work, probably a full day at their office, and probably another full day for editing final images.

any help at ALL would be appreciated.

thank you!!

Was the email actually written as quoted? 'take a ****load of photos' - with the ****spelled out?? That doesn't seem very professional and the tone of the email as quoted is awfully casual. I don't know if I'd trust a contract from a business that sent an email written that way, I think I'd be looking up the company and checking them out before doing anything else.

You could try looking up ASMP for business resources on contracts etc.

i should mention that i have known this guy for 10 years. lol

If it's not something you specialize in and would prefer not to do this type of job then you shouldn't. I'm just trying to be realistic, especially since you have no idea how to price this custom job. Stick to what you know, and learn other trades in the prices until you are comfortable to where you don't have to ask a forum what to do.

Simplest way is to calculate daily rate + variable1 + variable2 = total

You simply have to do the job. Follow the rules and take your time. You will create an experience you will remember for a long time.

CHEERS

What's it going to cost you + profit. (Don't cave)

Most reactions

Back