Pricing Question

sncollins0528

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been contacted by a large graphic design firm in NYC about using a photo of mine in a calendar publication.

They plan to print between 10,000-15,000 copies for the grand opening of an upscale resort. They are asking for the rights to use the photo for this project only and have asked me to name my price.

I'm honestly lost as to where to start. I've done some research online but haven't come up with any solid numbers. Are we talking $100 or $1000 here, or somewhere in between? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Stephanie

Since they're probably going to be giving away these calendars, rather than selling them, they're not going to be making any money from them directly. Also, since your photo is going to be one of 12 photos for the calendar, you're not the exclusive artist either. It's a tricky situation. You don't want to be higher or lower than the other photographers. Do you know any of them?

Get a copy of the 'Photographer's Market' book and see what different companies are paying for photos they use in calendars.

BTW congrats on taking a shot they want.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advise. We negotiated and ended up at a few hundred dollars.

your price should be right around "what am I worth" for my services. Check to see what a going rate is and average it out would be a fair price for both parties.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back