Pricing

Example:

Portrait session $100
1 Hour with additional hours at $75 per
10 edited (original size) images provided on cd
Additional images/looks provided at $8 per image
Prints or enlargements offered.

Is this a real example of your prices? I don't know what your overhead is (studio space or travel costs plus other bills), but I'm wondering how you can possibly be covering fees and making money with such a low cost - you're either giving your artwork away at the low cost of $10/image (and losing some print sales, no matter how much you explain away the differences between you/your lab and Wal-Mart) and giving your hours of time [incl. post-processing time] and expertise for free (no money for covering costs or put back into the business) OR you are giving your hours of time for what hopefully covers costs, puts money back into the business, and gives you pay for your time and expertise while giving away prints for free.

I can see making a $100 1-hr. session work if you have low overhead costs, you have low cost of living, and you don't spend too much time in post-processing (selecting images, converting them from RAW, doing things like sharpening and contrast and b&w for some and such) without including a CD of images.

I'm not here to offend you, I'm truly wondering how you make this work and am genuinely concerned for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back