Pricing

Best of luck, Rachel! What type of post processing software are you using? I like the vintage/ instagram look.

Tee said:
Best of luck, Rachel! What type of post processing software are you using? I like the vintage/ instagram look.

Thanks tee yes I love instagram for fun photos for my blog. Thats what one of the pics the other guy posted link too was an instagram filter another was blurry on purpose cuz its focused on the purple UCA sign.

so are you going to post your site? I doubt that you will, actually! :)

cgipson1 said:
Yea.. that is what I figured!

I thought this forum was for helping people not tearing them down. Maybe if I thought that you'd actually be nice and help I'd post it. But as of now no.

RachRobPhotog said:
I thought this forum was for helping people not tearing them down. Maybe if I thought that you'd actually be nice and help I'd post it. But as of now no.
This site is very helpful, but them joking on you is something you're going to need in the field, a backbone, and humor. People in general help those who have done a little research and need few details. If anything you should getting ideas from your boss and school. Pick their brain but have information to help them help you my friend and good luck.

Last edited:
IByte said:
This is site very helpful, but them joking on you is something you're going to need in the field, a backbone, and humor. People in general help those who have done a little research and need few details. If anything you should getting ideas from your boss and school. Pick their brain but have information to help them help you my friend and good luck.

Thanks for the tips

Rachel- One thing to maybe keep in mind is your online portfolio should be reflective of the services you offer. You have price packages for weddings and engagements with no examples of either. I would cull your repetitive images and only show your very best. Lastly, create three separate portfolio folders for the services you are looking to be paid for (portrait, engagement and wedding). Leave the friends, family, and vacation pics for your blog.

I realize you were looking for pricing advice but I think that goes hand in hand with your images, too. For instance, say I'm looking for a wedding photographer and your site comes up in Google. I click on it, see prices for wedding packages but no samples. I'm moving on to the next website. Best of luck. :)

Tee said:
Rachel- One thing to maybe keep in mind is your online portfolio should be reflective of the services you offer. You have price packages for weddings and engagements with no examples of either. I would cull your repetitive images and only show your very best. Lastly, create three separate portfolio folders for the services you are looking to be paid for (portrait, engagement and wedding). Leave the friends, family, and vacation pics for your blog.

I realize you were looking for pricing advice but I think that goes hand in hand with your images, too. For instance, say I'm looking for a wedding photographer and your site comes up in Google. I click on it, see prices for wedding packages but no samples. I'm moving on to the next website. Best of luck. :)

Thanks tee that helps

I was wondering why you posted this thread in the Commercial/Product photography section.

It seems you are actually doing Retail photography? (Sessions)

The business model for Commercial/Product photography is very different than the business model for Retail photography.

Do you have a written business/marketing plan?

Any tips on how I should go about pricing for sessions. By hour? By outfits? Help!

It depends what the client is looking for and depending where you live prices differ.
Also, what level of photography you are in... for example are you amateur, intermediate or advanced/professional.
Like me, I charge depending on assignment.
If I am learning, I don't charge at all and just let the model or event know I will be shooting for practice.
Like now I am learning indoor shooting. (I'm not use to it) SO I been practicing a lot in events, etc.

Great advice that I can give you.... If you google search what you want ex: 'Portrait Photography Prices Conway, AR' (something along those lines.)
You can find other photographers in your area and what they charge.... depending on your skills you can modify that.

(Hope this helps!) ;)

I joined yesterday and had great feedback. Don't let few peepz get'cha down. I never do.
If you have any other questions, you can private message me.

-TMP

Most reactions

New Topics

Back