Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Prime location available - first posted shot with OMD 5

p1579652066-5.jpg

Good one, Lew. The two chairs and small table beneath that sign....oh, what a wry little picture it makes. Did you e-mail a copy of it to Lou, Lew?

This feels a little overcooked to me. The light appears to be a bright day, and the shadows don't look all that deep, yet the doorway is almost illegible in the gloom. I'd open the bottom tones up and let them breathe a bit more.

I love the scene, though. A well-seen scene, if you will.

What makes me like it best is the ambiguity of the photographer's intent. I can't tell if you want to show what a dolt Lou is, or what, so I assume that you are simply recording this incongruous and odd little scene as it stands. It's open to the viewer, as an idea. I approve.

Sorry Lew, I don't see anything here that really grabs me. I get the irony of the verbiage, but it doesn't really change my opinion.

I like the idea of it a lot, but the sunny patch bothers me. I'd try cropping most of it and cloning the rest. I might also crop the left to get rid of the other building and check the tilt/perspective. It appears to be a street that's not level, but the buildings still seem off.

Nicely seen Lew. I've been looking at the OM-D EM-5 too. (and the D7100, and the X100s, and the Nikon A, and the Ricoh GR ... [sigh])
I would brighten the white wall behind the chairs. This would bring it in line with the whites from the sun and the sign.
Then maybe add a touch of vignette to help the area around the chairs become the subject more than they are now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back