primes

If you spend most of your time in the 18-24mm range you may very well find 50mm way to tight.

I would suggest to spend at least a couple of days shooting with you 18-200mm on 50mm to get a first hand understanding of the FOV you are going to be locked in to.

Be disciplined and leave it only on 50mm, so you get the real experience of shooting with a prime.

You may find that 20mm or 30mm is much more suited to your style.

i tried that and i found it to be somewhat difficult. i'm leaning more towards the 20 or 30mm still, but the 50mm 1.8's price is so tempting. the last thing i want though is to buy a lens and not be satisfied with it

i tried that and i found it to be somewhat difficult. i'm leaning more towards the 20 or 30mm still, but the 50mm 1.8's price is so tempting. the last thing i want though is to buy a lens and not be satisfied with it

If you are not going to use the 50mm focal range that often, than the purchase is not justified. Go with the lens you are more likely to use and spend the money where it matters regardless of the "deal". Try the lenses out if you can. I found the 50mm too long on a crop sensor. Saving for the 35 f/1.4L. Sigma has a 35 model that is okay. Lacks the pop and edge resolution that the better lenses offer.

If you are not going to use the 50mm focal range that often, than the purchase is not justified. Go with the lens you are more likely to use and spend the money where it matters regardless of the "deal". Try the lenses out if you can. I found the 50mm too long on a crop sensor. Saving for the 35 f/1.4L. Sigma has a 35 model that is okay. Lacks the pop and edge resolution that the better lenses offer.

yeah i don't think i would use a 50 that often.

heres another contender though,

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...11306_Super_W_A_20mm_f_1_8.html#goto_itemInfo

anyone know anything about this lens?

With regards to 50mm on 1.5x crop bodies, would this look the same as if I were to place my 15-55 kit lens on the 50mm setting?

In that case, it seems too tight for crop sensors.

Most reactions

Back