Princess bow

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I still have trouble photographing swans without the white washing out.

swan.jpg

man, if the water would have been clear and blue, the reflection would have really been killer.....still, a good shot.....

amazing! well my experiences with swan are not so beautiful because I was bitten by it :) but the shot is wonderful!

santino said:
good title.

Have to really underexpose to get definination, as I am sure you know. Are you shooting Raw with your 20d? If you are it should give you some leeway when you are manually adjusting. Picture looks good all the same.

Cruzin said:
Have to really underexpose to get definination, as I am sure you know. Are you shooting Raw with your 20d? If you are it should give you some leeway when you are manually adjusting. Picture looks good all the same.
I do shoot raw with all shots. Maybe I will use the swan for my manual white balance. Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.

As I still use film I don,t know about digital but I would imagine you can,t expose for shadows and highlights on the one frame so you have to make a choice,still, your photo looks well exposed to me,good luck.

I've been chasing gulls around, trying to get good detail on the grey and white without the washout(without much luck I might add).

This shot is not all that bad for washout, and the detail you did get is very good.

BTW, I like this photo a lot. :thumbup:

aprilraven said:
man, if the water would have been clear and blue, the reflection would have really been killer.....still, a good shot.....

Totally agreed... if Only the swan was in the middle of the pond instead of near the edge.

Most reactions

Back