Princess in training.....1 PHOTO

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was trying to get her without the wand but she wouldn't stand still without it. Thanks for looking..........

PhotoLindsey.jpg

And she would not have let you come closer? She's so cute, looks like it might be fun to try get a whole series of portraits? With different backgrounds, maybe even some that are further away and thus blur more than this garage door or fence (?)-.

If you're going to shoot this horizontally, you should have framed her to either side of the photo, and not chop her feet. Get closer!

Should I have the camera lower and show more feet? I was taking all your advice with trying not to put her directly in the middle of the photo.

I truly am learning so much from everyone. I want to thank you all for that!!!!

When you put a person to one side of your frame, make sure the way that person looks or moves has more room than behind the person. Here, for example, she is a bit towards the left in your frame, but also her knee points left, to the smaller area of picture.
I don't know if this is a real portrait photographer's advice, I am no expert in that field, not at all and not by far, but to my mind a photo looks more balanced if you give more room for the gaze or the movement.

If you shoot this same exact pose vertically, moving in closer so she fills more of the frame, and use rule of thirds, this could turn out to be a great photo!

But remember never to chop body parts out of the photo at "awkward chop points". The usual safe chop areas are right below the neck, right below the chest, or at the waist. You can break these areas to be creative, however in your photos case, it just looks awkward having the feet cut in half. Either show the whole body, or crop at one of the areas I listed, unless going for a creative crop.

Most reactions

Back