Priniting software

tvphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm using a Canon Pixma printer and the included software is not very sophisticated; the prints are off on the colors compared to my monitor, which is calibrated.

Is there any third party software I can download that will allow some tweaks and produce better prints? An Adobe program?

Thanks.

your monitor may be calibrated, but it's not calibrated to your printer...lol

I'm using a Canon Pixma printer and the included software is not very sophisticated; the prints are off on the colors compared to my monitor, which is calibrated.

Is there any third party software I can download that will allow some tweaks and produce better prints? An Adobe program?

Thanks.

Calibrated to what? A linear, or ICC profile? Do you have the proper drivers for that printer and paper? Photoshop with proper settings is what I would recommend. I know it's expensive, and most professional RIP apps are über-expensive. But, at least with the proper printer drivers, proper paper/ink profiles, properly tagged image, and photoshop, you can print images spot on. Sounds easy, right?

I use PS CS, and have edited with it for years. I send out all my printing to a lab. I now want to print a few pics at home.

I calibrated the monitor with a Spyder2 Pro, linear or ICC I don't know.
The printer driver is up to date.

How do you print from PS?

Thanks.

try Qimage, there is a free trial period.
However, if your using a MAC they don't have a version for that OS.

just be sure to down load the paper profiles and use them.

I have PS but don't use it for printing i let the software and the printer work together and am very happy with the results.

Thanks, Ann, will check it out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back