Print a Picture on Canvas

MichaelMoore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Printing a picture on canvas, or giclee printing, is a highly technical process that involves specialized printers and pigment inks. To duplicate the process at home, you can use a piece of canvas, your home printer and some transfer paper. The result is similar to professional canvas prints, but costs less.

:scratch:

Giclee (pronounced Gee’clay) is a French term meaning to spray or squirt, which is how an inkjet printer works.

Giclée is not printing on canvas. Giclée is just French for "ink jet". It could be on canvas, but it's not canvas exclusively.

Still, I might be interested in hearing more about your process.

Care to elaborate...?

Looks more like a bot or spam generator. I predict we will see the OP with spam attached soon...

Kind of what I was expecting... I was actually surprised that there wasn't a link to a printing service in there somewhere...

That's what I thought as well...but I didn't see a link or any actual spam...so I'll give them the benefit of doubt...for now.

The OP is about printing canvas at home. However the OP seems somewhat disingenuous when he states, "The result is similar to professional canvas prints....". Similar doesn't mean 'equal to'.

Few at home printers have the massive DPI that can match the quality of a true professional grade Giclée inkjet print, regardless the media printed on.

Sometimes 'similar' is 'good enough' though. I still doubt that this is the case here though...

And, for what it's worth, I do Giclée prints all the time. ( :lol: ) Weekly, in fact. I just do them on crap Canon or Epson inkjet photo paper.

Still, I can put fancy paper in my printer without speaking French... Somehow, I seriously doubt that the OP will be back to elaborate on his very limited description of this "highly technical" process.

Most reactions

Back