Print Sizes

nutsngum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm using a Rebel XTi on the highest jpg quality setting, just wondering - how big can you blow up an actual photo print without it being pixely? I'm assuming it varies depending on the picture but any guidance would be nice. Thanks!

Not exactly sure, but I would think pretty big. I have a 3.1 megapixel and I can blow it up to 8x10 with sharp quality. If you have a sharp image, you could probably make it quite big. You've got 10.1 megapixels!

another question about aspect ratios, how does the print change when you print 4x6 up to something like 16x20 or 20x24, does it cut off on the sides?

You can easily make large prints like 16x20 or 20x24. There are several factors that will improve the chances of getting a good enlargement...a good lens, for example. Of course, simple things like a fast enough shutter speed or the use of a tripod will help.

The camera shoots in a 2:3 aspect ratio...which means that a 4x6 print is the perfect ratio. If you print a 5x7, 8x10 16x20 or 20x24 etc...then you will need to do some cropping. I wouldn't recommend leaving this up to the lab...if you are ordering a print, you should crop it to that ratio yourself first.

Sometimes you can get larger prints in a 2:3 aspect ratio depending on where you go. I know www.mpix.com does 8x12's

make sure your resolution is set to 300 for prints at least that is what I use

Most reactions

New Topics

Back