dl4449

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 226bw Lcd
Vista home premium
Canon Pixma ip4000

First what calibration software will work for this monitor ?
And would you recommend the Canon Pro 9000 printer

The reason I ask is my photos are to dark and the calibration software that came with the Monitor does not want to work
Thank you
Troy

Calibration software? What about calibration hardware. Visually calibrating a screen is almost impossible and gives rather poor results.
With regards to the software none work with that screen. It has no adjustable lookup table, meaning the next question "which software will work with my videocard" is answered with "pretty much all of them" if you have a Nvidia or an Ati card. Same with the printer.

Good software typically takes readings with a hardware sensor and asks you to make adjustments with the screen controls (if you're lucky your screen can do that automatically). Then the video card is adjusted so the gamma of the screen looks correct. Just note that with vista if the User Access Control window pops up you lose your calibration setting and you need to log out and log in again, or manually start the program which normally loads it to fix everything.

Also note that you won't get a print to match a screen perfectly without proper hardware calibration AND proper viewing conditions, meaning a dedicated colour temperature controlled lightbox.

Thank you Garbz I knew when I asked that question it would sound pretty stupid :blushing:

I have acct control turned off so at least that shouldn't be a problem.
My video card is a radeon X1950pro so i will look for calibration software for that.
Do you know anything about the Canon 9000 printer i can pick one up for 399.00?

Thanks again
Troy

No opinion on the quality of the printer. I have a Canon iP4200 which does make some nice prints already but it isn't economical for me to print at home. I can't imagine the 9000 being worse though :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back