Printer recommendation wanted

crotonmark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking for a photo printer - below $500.
I have a new T4i and am a newbie photographer.
I want good photo quality and the ability to print work docs (excel and word)
I don't want an all in one - just a printer.

What would you recommend ?

Th

Ma

I just got a Canon Pixma 9000 Mark II. Incredible photo printer. I could not be more pleased with it.

Tuffythepug said:
I just got a Canon Pixma 9000 Mark II. Incredible photo printer. I could not be more pleased with it.

Silly question
Does it print envelopes? 4x6 prints?

It's always a bit of a risk I guess.. But I bought mine on e-bay from an individual and it was new and box never opened. Quite a bit less than list price too.
I don't know if it does envelopes; probably does. but it does 4"x6" all the way up to 11" x 17" prints

I only ask about envelopes because I need to use it for light office type work and photos. I like that it has 8(?) color canisters.

r2000 epson or $$ r3000 or $$$ 3880 if you want a pro printer

Get yourself a dedicated printer for your documents. It's way less expensive and time consuming to have your prints printed in a lab.

Printing photos eats the ink and that's expensive. Setting up a good printer for correct color profiling and different papers takes away a lot of time you could spend making images. I've had two higher end photo printers and so far neither one has even come close to being used enough to justify having bought them. From now on it's a desk printer for documents and everything else gets sent to a lab.

Most reactions

Back