Printers AGAIN!!! :(

Mole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok before anyone rants and says do a search, I have. Anyways its between 2 brands now HP and Canon. I can't stand Epson so we'll forget they exist. I've read reviews and all but I need first hand knowledge from those of you on here that use either of these. Im not a pro and I don't need large format 8 x 10 is fine.

Ok so I don't want to spend more then $250-$300 USD. My use's aren't all that high, I maybe print 10 pics a month. So I need a printer that is also used for documents but don't need scanner, fax and all that mumbo jumbo. It would be nice to be able to print from my wireless laptop though.

Are the Canons that much better? Ink is almost the same price for either one when you have all the different ink cartridges. Their both anywhere from $9-$13 per ink.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

I have been using the HP ink jet 5500 for about two years now and it produces beautiful images when you use the tri-color/photo cartridge. My images, in most cases looked bettter than a majority of processed photos from 100 ISO film. I'm not a fan of grainy photos, thats why I use the 100 ISO example. My experience has also been, using the premium grade HP paper is best. You can get it in a high gloss or matte...I am speaking strictly from experience...The new HP's now offer simple, easy to use and affordable printers that produce beautiful images...I hope this helps.

Michael Humle said:
I have been using the HP ink jet 5500 for about two years now and it produces beautiful images when you use the tri-color/photo cartridge. My images, in most cases looked bettter than a majority of processed photos from 100 ISO film. I'm not a fan of grainy photos, thats why I use the 100 ISO example. My experience has also been, using the premium grade HP paper is best. You can get it in a high gloss or matte...I am speaking strictly from experience...The new HP's now offer simple, easy to use and affordable printers that produce beautiful images...I hope this helps.

Thanks Michael, I had an HP photosmart (can't remember what # though, had it for about 4 years) up until a week ago and it just took a dump. I just been hearing a lot about other printers and thought I might as well look around since now I need one.

Most reactions

Back