printers- digital photography

lukeybaby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i have a canon bjc-8200, and a canon s520, whih is better and crisper with printing photos on glossy photo paper?? and when i print images what printing setting should i use eg: glossy photo paper, plain paper, high gloss photo film etc.

luke z

p.s i am using "kodak premium picture paper, ultra glossy"

If you actually have both printers, the best thing to do is print the same photos on both printers and compare for yourself.

As far as paper goes, start with the recommended setting, ie. for Glossy photo paper, use the glossy photo paper setting. Most printers will handle paper better if they know what kind of paper they are using.
That being said, some printers do not like some papers, and adjustments have to be made. I have bought high-gloss paper that my printer would not print well on unless I had it set to plain paper.

Bottom line: every printer is different, even different units of the same model, to an extent. The best way to get the quality prints you want is to experiment until you get them.

because i have been using this glossy photo paper, i have set the printer for "glossy photo paper", but then i tried "high gloss photo film" setting, and it came out much more crisp and perfect!!!! there are so many different settings it just overwhelmes me!! n e way, thanx for the input!!

luke z

That experience (or a variation of it) has probably been shared by everyone who prints photos on an inkjet printer. Some papers perform better in some printers than others. Some papers perform better at different settings.
Don't be afraid to change the settings if it improves your results. You can't hurt the unit by running the paper at a different setting, and you might really like the output your experiment provides.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back