julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good morning,

Anyone have a very good printer they can recommend? My budget is about $800. I shoot with Canon... printing only as large as 11X14. I like Epson, but only because I have experience with it.

thanks in advance,
julie

When talking photo inkjet printers, you want more ink colors. Also, if you plan to print high quality black & white photos, then look for a printer that is made for it.

Have you weighed the costs and options of doing your printing out of house? Actually, it's probably cheaper to have your photos printed at a lab than doing it yourself at home/office. Once you figure in the cost of the printer, cost of ink, cost of paper...then the lab starts looking good.

Mike's right about costs. But I like the availability of in house printing and it's added control. I also like Epson printers. I know it's a little out of your price range, but the 2400 is a great printer, good color and good B&W output.

I know it's a little out of your price range, but the 2400 is a great printer, good color and good B&W output.

Actually the R2400 is right in your range and is a great printer. If you plan on printing B&W that is the way to go. If you do mostly color, the R1800 is probably a better choice.

The 2400 is $730 with a $100 mail in rebate (making the final cost $630).
The 1800 is $470 with the same rebate making it $370 final cost.

I have the R1400 and the R1800 and I reall like them. The 1800 is definately better.

I personally wasn't too impressed with the R1800. The R2400 and any of the above are wonderful. If these printers are stretching your budget, I suggest trying out an online printer (like www.mpix.com) service before investing.

check out the HP B9180, am getting great results.

Im just using the Canon Pixma Pro 9000. Works well enough for my printing needs. Only piece of Canon eqipment I own.

Most reactions

Back