printing for clients from home

photographyfanatic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotographyfanatic.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently have a smug mug account. In the future I will allow clients to purchase from there, but I also want the option of being able to print some stuff on my own for them. So I want a new printer. For those of you who do this what printer can u recommend for AWESOME prints. Also do you find the cost of printing at home is to high? Thanks!

I'd recommend using a pro lab for several reasons.

Besides the cost of the printer, it's the inks and paper costs that add up and make printing at home a less desirable option IMO.

Epson makes some amazing photo printers. Anything that uses Claria or UltraChrome ink (Basically the Stylus series) is made of win. Depending on how large you want to go as far as prints, they run anywhere from $150 - $650+

I was going to print at home and looked at printers ... with the ones I was looking at running between about $450-$1000. This didn't seem all too outrageous until I started pricing pigment inks ... and the better printers use more ink cartridges ... wow, does the cost skyrocket! I'd suggest using a pro lab.

I use an epson stylus and get my ink for £4 for the lot and good quality photo paper for 40p for 20 from www.ukdvdr.co.uk , they are really cheap and really good quality

Oh I meant to mention paper. The best paper I've used so far is the Ilford Gallarie. Only one I've used is the Pearl. I've printed out both colour and B&W shots I've taken and my god, they look better than prints I've gotten from a lab.

Oh and they were printed on a $100 Epson Stylus to boot. Can't imagine how great they'd look printed off one of the higher end Epsons.

I have printed from home since day one. I am mostly concerned with convienience and control. Cost is secondary for me. Print sales are not a large part of my photography business.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back