Printing good quality Jpgs

lanwu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

a newbie here, so excuse me for any dumb questions. It's the first time that I'm attempting to do this & with a short time frame.

What I need are double sided prints of some of my pictures.

I've choosen to use "Double sided Glossy" paper as this seems to produce the best results of the pictures. So here are my questions:

I've been told that I can take this paper & print to both sides w/ normal inkjet photo printers. Just to wait a little longer for the ink to dry on the 1st side. IS THIS TRUE? ANY OTHER TIPS??

I have access to inkjet printers like "HP DeskJet 960c". What kind of quality (or at all) will a printer like this give on glossy paper?

Otherwise, does anyone have any suggestions on what printer would be a good buy to do this. I would not be printing high volumes right now. Prob. something like this once every 1 or 2 months in A4 sizes....I really don't want to buy a printer, but this is how serious I am about printing it double sided & with good quality!

The main aim that I have is to produce a 1 time booklet of photos. That's why I need the double sided prints! I'm looking at about 9-14 sheets (or 18-28 pages). A huge endevour for a newbie, so any help or suggestions are welcome. I have 2 weeks for this project but the pictures are almost all properly Photoshop'd now & properly PageMaker'd.

ANy tips on binding the booklet DIY style would be helpful too...I do have access to large staplers too & my idea was to staple them & then add a heavier sheet ontop as a cover.

ANy help would be much apprecieated.....

This part of forum is for traditional darkroom methods. You would probably have better luck in another section.

I have seen photobook kits for inkjet printers.

Sorry.

Newbie.....

Is there another location in this forum for this type of question?

Just wait, a moderator should be along soon, and they'll move it to "General Photography" :)

You should be able to print both sides in your printer just by turning the page over after it dries (I'd wait a fair while because there'll be a lot of ink on the paper and it's glossy so it doens't really soak in like normal paper).
Be careful which way you put the paper in the printer the second time. (I'd do a test print on low quality)

I've got no idea what quality the printers you mentioned print at. Although I had a simple Canon Bubble Jet (the cheap one!!) and I got very average shots... meaning they were great for showing friends or for sticking in wallets etc.

I found the biggest thing that changed the quality was the paper. Even different brands of paper gave different results.

If you want high quality, couldn't you get a photo shop to print the pictures each on one sheet and then you could just stick the pages together with superglue or something???

Thanks for hte replies...

I've managed to find double sided inkjet paper at about 200grms/sheet but over here, we're fairly limited in brands. Cannot find Epson paper, but stumbled across 1 last package of 10sheets of Konica 280gm dbl sided glossy...wasn't enough so I didn't bother.

True; diff papers give different results...as w/ different printers....& inks...& configurations....did I miss anything else to make it more difficult???

Learned; test, test, test....I've had 1 paper that worked fine on a Xerox8200 but turned around to give terrible results on an Epson CX6500!!

I've also found there are shops in Asia that will do hard cover binding....Most of them are not on the net but by universities (copying copyrighted of course!) so nevermind google..Over here is more Inter-mouth that works....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back