Printing Problem

D40

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I have started signing my photos and I place my name in one of the 4 corners of the photo were it looks the best. My problem is, when I have them printed in a 4x6 print a lot of the pictures get cropped and the name is cropped as well. I want to have my name on them and still be able to get 4x6 prints without it messing up the signiture?? Any ideas?

How or with what are you using to make the prints? Are you properly sizing them to 4x6 prior to printing? How are these photos being presented... in a portfolio... in a frame.?

you need to crop at 6 x 4, obviously if the images are a different size then the lab doing the prints will just crop to your specifications, regardless what they chop off. H

In addition to making sure it's cropped to 4x6 that it is set to 300dpi. Even then, if you send it to a walmart or similar place, they still have a tendency to just lop it off willy nilly and screw it up.

I take them to Walgreens as I don't like walmart:) I will try to get them croped to a 4x6 and see if it works. Is there any better printing places you guys use?

Anything I intend to hang on the wall goes to mpix. Excellent quality and quick service. The price is very good as well. I may send snapshots to walmart, but nothing I'm serious about. I really dislike walgreens here b/c the hue values on the local machine here is always off. I complained a few times and then just quit going. Walmart isn't any better and their machines are down more than they're up. If it didn't take so long to upload all of my prints, I'd just send everything to mpix.

Where ever you send it, crop it yourself in an editing program and make sure it's 300 dpi before you have them print it.

Check it out mpix.com

Most reactions

Back