Printing to Epson C64 from Photoshop

libeco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.libeco.nl
Hi all,

Recently I've tried printing some pictures on my home Epson C64 with some (cheap) photo-paper. Some results are nice, others give huge differences in color.

I know I should calibrate my monitor somehow and I've used Adobe Gamma for that purpose. But when not looking into this too much I have a question probably most people will encounter sometime in photography;

How should I setup photoshop to print on my home printer? Yesterday I printed an A4-size picture which came out very nice, but there was not too much color, just a seagull on a pole in the water. The blue of the water was nice, though a little too purple. The green of the poles had almost disappeared on the print,, but further the print looked great.

In photoshop the RAW files was in Adobe 1998 color profile and I think in the print dialog I also used that profile for printing. But what should I use, color management-wise?

THNX in advance!

When you calibrate your equipment, you have to calibrate all of it. That means the camera (especially the white balance), monitor and printer. They all need to be seeing the same thing to get good results. Check on the Epson site to see what they have to say about calibrating your printer. There will be limits as it's more of a home printer than a professional printer.

Have Fun,
Jeff

How ever accurate your calibration is - remember that the paper often makes a greater difference in the colour of the output than using compatible inks. Find a paper you like and stick to it. I have a set of settings for my monitor that matches my two printers and various papers that I use regularly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back