Printing white space

digitalrightnow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I printed one of my photos using my new lexmark printer. I printed at 8 x 10 on 8.5 x11 paper. I found that when the image printed it looked fine, however there was more white space on one side of the photo than the other is there any way that I can fix this? Obviously, I can just cut off the extar white space, but I am concerned about how it would look framed.

Could someone fill me in on how to fix this problem?

My first guess would be to make sure that your margins are set to 1/4" on the narrow side and 1/2" on the long. That should put your 8x10 in the center of the 8.5x11.

You could manually set the border so you control it and use it as a matt. It means you could include your name and photo title in the space below the image. Check out the images on my website (purchase section) to see what i mean.

A lot of printers have a bigger margin on the tailing end of the paper. There's nothing you can do about that. If it's on one of the sides, then check your settings. You should have the margins as dsp921 mentioned. There may also be a "center image" checkbox.

Most reactions

Back