prints for 5Mpix

danir

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are the printed size limits for 5Mpixels if I don't want to see the pixels? I guess my computer screan is not a very reliable indicator.
Thanks,
Dani

most everything i look at says you need between 200 and 300 pixels per inch to make quality prints, so i would guess that 300 would be an optimum number, and 200 would still yield decent results, but you probably shouldnt go any lower than that.

other things ive seen people discuss is viewing distance. if the print isnt something that people will be viewing mostly at a close up level, you can print larger than normal, but if its going into a photo album, you want as many pixels per inch as possible.

i havent had anything printed larger thn 8x10 with my 8MP camera, and i never had anything printed from my 5MP camera, so i cant give you an opinion on what a 5MP might look like at a certain print size. im sure someone else will be along soon to give you more, and better information.

Thanks,
Does anyone know if there is a way to depixelize pictures.
Maybe somehow add pixels and then filter spatialy?
Dani

You can 'up-sample' images...basically adding more pixels by interpolation. The more you up-size, the more guessing the software has to do...but you can still get decent results.

You can do this in Photoshop...but I've always heard that 'Genuine Fractals' is the best software for this task.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back