Prints for framing?

elevatn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would like to start framing some of my photos. What I'm not sure about is the paper to use. Do I just have photos developed on regular photo paper, or is there another option for doing this? I would be looking to frame prints up to 16x20.

Can anyone explain some of the different types of photo paper, positives/negatives, and where to go to have the photos processed?

Thanks in advance!!

jk

Your talking about digital prints, right? If it's digital:

I think first you should make sure your color profile ia sRGB. In photoshop it's Edit>Convert to profile>then select sRGB. I'm pretty sure that's the standard for printers.

Then, I recommend getting prints from MPIX.com or Winkflash.com. The quality is much better than what you can do on your home printer (of course it depends on how good your printer is) plus the price you pay at those sites is definitely fair. (if you print yourself you have to buy all the paper, ink, etc. anyways.. What a hassle.)

P.S. Try to make sure your photos will be printed at 200ppi or higher also.

there is photo paper, similar to what you will find at your local camera store, and then there are inkjet papers. there is a wide variety of these papers, all have a different look.

i only print in adobe rgb not srgb as like that color space much better, it really is a personal decision. Also, it may depend on who does the printing, some people, i.e. costco. walmat don't print in anything but sRGB

Your talking about digital prints, right? If it's digital:

I think first you should make sure your color profile ia sRGB. In photoshop it's Edit>Convert to profile>then select sRGB. I'm pretty sure that's the standard for printers.

Then, I recommend getting prints from MPIX.com or Winkflash.com. The quality is much better than what you can do on your home printer (of course it depends on how good your printer is) plus the price you pay at those sites is definitely fair. (if you print yourself you have to buy all the paper, ink, etc. anyways.. What a hassle.)

P.S. Try to make sure your photos will be printed at 200ppi or higher also.
best answer...

You can get your prints from a Professional Lab and they can mount them on Foamcore which is best for framed prints. Check out www.nationsphotolab.clom, they are my lab. Cheaper than MPIX and quicker also ( depending on where you live )

Is there such a thing as glossy photo paper for laser printers (I can't seem to find it!)

You are talking about positives and negatives, and developing. Are you asking a question regarding traditional film processing/printing or digital processing/printing?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back