Prints for make-up artist

Kcc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, please ask me any question that could help me out from what I need to know.

My GF is a make-up artist which just got out of school not long. She have got a few photos from a photographer for the make-up she has done at school.

She is thinking of using the few photo she got as her start up portfolio, what kind of printing works best (shiny, matt or metalic)? Does different size matter for showing customer and/or company that hires make-up artist?

She has got them printed at wal-mart in Canada Ontario, but the white balance and exposure are totally off. (Too dark, and way too Incandescent in color)...

Anything susggestion would help! Thanks alot! :thumbup:

Kcc

Don't use Wal-mart, use a professional lab.

Hi, please ask me any question that could help me out from what I need to know.

My GF is a make-up artist which just got out of school not long. She have got a few photos from a photographer for the make-up she has done at school.

She is thinking of using the few photo she got as her start up portfolio, what kind of printing works best (shiny, matt or metalic)? Does different size matter for showing customer and/or company that hires make-up artist?

She has got them printed at wal-mart in Canada Ontario, but the white balance and exposure are totally off. (Too dark, and way too Incandescent in color)...

Anything susggestion would help! Thanks alot! :thumbup:

Kcc

How skilled was the photographer? It is possible the photographer was the problem, not Wal-Mart.

What type of printing works best depend swho will see the photos. Yes, the size and qualityof the photos have a lot to do with of the portfolio is well received or not. I wouldn't use anything smaller than 10x12.5 in a portfolio.

What aspect ratio are the photos in?

Most reactions

Back