Prints

dbrandon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.viaus.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel a bit stupid asking this but, when someone asks for a print (or you give someone a print), are they simply expecting 'a print'; the image, professionally printed on photo paper. Or, are they expecting it framed etc etc.

Silly question i know :blushing::(

I would probably only be expecting a print. But it should at least be packaged in a way that its' not easily damaged. Cardboard or something behind it...

If they order one print, I'd say it could be pit on a matte board thinger depending on how big it is...

If they order a bunch...put a cardboard back and put them in a bag....depending on size, again.

Yeah, a print is just a print...but obviously protect it. If you are completely unsure it doesn't hurt to ask. The photographer from my wedding didn't ask about something and it ended up costing us a lot of money (he mistook a 1 for a 7).

Thank you Sideburns and nicfargo, that has cleared up my confusion :)

Nicafargo, i guess it cost you something starting in a 6 and was followed by zeros. I hope it wasn't too many zeros !! :(

A print is whatever you agree upon before hand with your client. There is no set idea of a print per-se just what you say you will deliver. I think you need to define this before you do the shooting not have a person sai I want a print" and not know what they mean. If someone says they want a "print" I don't think it is too much to ask them what they want.

A print is whatever you agree upon before hand with your client. There is no set idea of a print per-se just what you say you will deliver. I think you need to define this before you do the shooting not have a person sai I want a print" and not know what they mean. If someone says they want a "print" I don't think it is too much to ask them what they want.

Good point, much appreciated. Something to write into terms of service i guess :thumbup:

dbrandon,
I ended up costing us a little extra because I think they were 8x10's (7 of em instead of 1). This put us 6 over our original agreement of 8x10's...why he didn't call us or email us to confirm I'll never know...but I know that as a photographer that is one mistake I will not make. 7 prints of the same shot in an 8x10, when we didn't have any other amount like that for any other shot...I would have thought it was a little out of the ordinary.

dbrandon,
I ended up costing us a little extra because I think they were 8x10's (7 of em instead of 1). This put us 6 over our original agreement of 8x10's...why he didn't call us or email us to confirm I'll never know...but I know that as a photographer that is one mistake I will not make. 7 prints of the same shot in an 8x10, when we didn't have any other amount like that for any other shot...I would have thought it was a little out of the ordinary.

Dammit that's annoying :( Yeah, you'd expect him to wonder why you wanted 7 of those ! Oh well, everything in life is a lesson :thumbup::wink:

Most reactions

Back