Pro-Prayer Anti-Prayer in Gov. Dual Rally

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My city has been in the news lately because some national group has target the City for opening up city council meetings with Christian faith prayers. That caught the eye of the national group In Jesus Name We Pray(no apostrophe on Jesus-bugs the heck out of me) who staged a rally at the city council meeting tonight. So of course the group against prayer organized an opposing rally at the same time at the same location. And from the shots you'll see that it is a dappled light nightmare.

The Pro-prayers severely outnumbered the antis because this is a Christian majority town, but that didn't stop them from putting up a fight. And oh boy was it entertaining.

1: Just a pro-prayer lady with a flag. I couldn't pass up that setting sun back lighting the flag.

u%3E%3Cu%3E
prayerrally01.jpg

2: This is our center package shot for the paper. This was a great exchange. The guy on the left(who called himself "Frank Earnest"-An obviously fake name) was calling the pro-prayer people hypocrites for not praying in private like Jesus said to. He also said they were "whoring out" Jesus. Not sure what that meant. But he started arguing with one lady who started yelling at him in tongues. Then this guy in white on the right came over and starting yelling at him in tongues too. The anti-prayer guy's reactions were hilarious. I'm certain that "Frank Earnest" was just there to instigate fights because he was quick to leave after the uproar, but he was the highlight of the rally.

prayerrally02.jpg

3: The anti-prayer guy was then mobbed by a bunch of angry Pros and they started praying at him(yeah, at him like it's a weapon). That's what that hand is jutting in from outside the frame.

prayerrally03.jpg

4: A crowd shot of the pros.

prayerrally04.jpg

5: Straight forward sign shot.

prayerrally05.jpg

6: This was to show the police presence. I would have liked more dof, but I was using a 200mm tele to compact the distance from the cop to the crowd and in the open shade the shutter speed was getting pretty low and I had nothing to use as support.

prayerrally06.jpg

7: This is the building where the council meetings take place and that is a lady with her hand on the building praying for the leaders of our city.

prayerrally07.jpg

8: I don't really like the way this shot is composed(it's unflattering for the women in it) and the light is a bit harsh, but I do like that it's a picket line of Antis being yelled at by a Pro holding a bible up to them.

prayerrally08.jpg

9: The main instigator of the Pro side.

prayerrally09.jpg

10: This is a Pro-prayer guy who got tired of being in the big crowd because he couldn't understand anything being said. So he hopped in line with the picketing Antis.

prayerrally10.jpg

11: This shot doesn't really do anything. You can't read his whole sign which is the important part of a picket line, but I just like it for some reason.

prayerrally11.jpg

That's all. You'll notice I have more of the Pros than the antis. That's because they were doing more. I have more shots of the antis for the paper but here I don't have to be fair and balanced.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited:
Mixing politics with religion, I've always found that scary. Crazy lighting man, crazy lol. Pic 7, a christian biker jacket ? I like 8 and 10, I get such a strong reaction from looking at it.

(it's unflattering for the women in it) and the light is a bit harsh
That's what makes it good.

*shakes head* What the...Church and State are separate for a reason, darn it. And a very good reason at that. Why can't America seem to heed the words of it's founders of late? o_O

--removed post but ill post a link to my text for anyone who wants to read it--
http://pastebin.com/f1664b943 <-- click that to read it

Nice picture i like 2&3 they are really sharp and convey a great sense of emotion between the two

Last edited:
Awesome pictures xxx

Uuilliam - I kind of don't even want to get started on this with you but I do want to point a couple of things out because I think you need to research some of your points more before sounding off....

Reincarnation - I think you need to look up the definition of reincarnation - to my knowledge it means to be brought back as new flesh - e.g. as a new being. If you read the Bible, Jesus was resurrected which is different - he came back in the same body he left in! The reason that christians do not believe in reincarnation is because they believe in heaven and hell and that once your mortal body has passed on, your spirit will be in either heaven or hell.

Worship - your point on this is null and void - any christian can tell you that Jesus and God are the same - 3 in one incarnate - the father, son and holy ghost. By worshipping one they are worshipping all. Jesus was the 'human' element and so his name is used in many songs of praise ( as is gods).

Rituals - the point you have missed here is that it wasn't the act of practising rituals for which they were punished more for the magic which was perceived to be evil. Therefore Christians do not equal hyprocrites.

Christians do not agree with homosexuality - obviously if they didn't believe in it, that would be very silly as it exists in today's society. Although there some extremist groups who are very anti - gay, many christians accept gay people, because tolerance is something that Jesus taught.

I am also just wondering what evidence your final two statements are based on? Priests that have been found to be commiting these crimes are given criminal sentences and added to the sex offenders register and would be banned from the church. You do hear of it happening but I wouldn't say 'all the time'.

Anyway I think your post has taken away from the excellent pictures posted here which really reflect the rally and feel of it xxx

Numbers 1 and 2 are really nice, I think. Editors made the right choice for the center package. It's the strongest image in the bunch.

Most reactions

Back