Pro Selfies?

Most of my pro selfies were actually taken by whatever model I was working with at the time... usually we'd be shooting... she'd say "oh really? how about some pictures of you then?" and I always just hand them the camera and say go for it, the lights are all set up. I'll oblige even if I'm just deleting them later, as it lightens the mood. It also gets them thinking about "how will this look" which gets them contributing rather than just following directions.

But sometimes something interesting comes out of it. My profile shot here is one of those.

I have exactly 2 self portraits and am currently procrastinating on shooting a 3rd specifically for my website (don't tell Squirrels, if she asks I'm working diligently on it ok??)
So I may not be the best measure lol but I would say a couple is cool but a gallery of them available for public viewing with your other work may be not the best choice.

Hahaha, a whole gallery of self portraits. That would be interesting.

You should check out Miss Aniela. She's famous for her unbelievable self portraits!

Most of my pro selfies were actually taken by whatever model I was working with at the time... usually we'd be shooting... she'd say "oh really? how about some pictures of you then?" and I always just hand them the camera and say go for it, the lights are all set up. I'll oblige even if I'm just deleting them later, as it lightens the mood. It also gets them thinking about "how will this look" which gets them contributing rather than just following directions.

But sometimes something interesting comes out of it. My profile shot here is one of those.

You should check out Miss Aniela. She's famous for her unbelievable self portraits!

NYC, I've actually done that too! Good idea.

Forkie, she's got some awesome stuff!! Wow!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back