Pro Shoot Complete Using the Pentax K10D

benjikan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally the whole story shot on the K10D shot for "Issue One" magazine is finished. As this is the first shoot I have done since switching from Canon, I thought it might be nice to share these images with you. View the first 10 images on pages one and two of the following site...

http://anashcreation.com/thenashgallery/BenjaminKanarek

Thanks Ben, good to see some more of your work. Of course the pics tell us about you rather than your equipment, but it sounds like you're happy with the K10d so that's reassuring to me. One thing that wouldn't really be apparent in this kind of shoot though is noise (or lack of) at high ISOs - have you tried using the K10d at the higher sensitivities yet?

P.s. have they sent you the new lenses yet, or are the working on it in their usual 'speedy' manner? ;)

Phenomenal. These are very impressive.

I just have to know, what is the story behind the alien doctors, dentists? The oddity of the series makes them very interesting to me.

Thanks Ben, good to see some more of your work. Of course the pics tell us about you rather than your equipment, but it sounds like you're happy with the K10d so that's reassuring to me. One thing that wouldn't really be apparent in this kind of shoot though is noise (or lack of) at high ISOs - have you tried using the K10d at the higher sensitivities yet?

P.s. have they sent you the new lenses yet, or are the working on it in their usual 'speedy' manner? ;)

Thanks for the post. As I haven't really used the K10D over 400 iso from a practical point of view I cannot say. I did test it at 1600 and in confirmation with the "Chasseur D'Images" magazine test in Issue No. 290, it is lower than that of the Canon XTi, Sony Alpha, Nikon D80 and D200 and the Olympus E400. I really think that with a few more firmware updates the K10D will really shine. There is a problem however with the 21mm Limited lens and it seems to be endemic. I will be getting the 16-50 and 50-135 in about ten days as well as the 31mm Limited. If the 16-50 is as good or better than the 17-40L Canon that I used for over eighty percent of all my magazine shoots, I will probably do the same with the 16-50 f2.8 lens. I rarely shoot over 50mm unless for close-up beauty where I will use the 70mm Limited or perhaps the 40mm Limited. I will keep the 21mm Limited and focus manually until they resolve the problem.

Phenomenal. These are very impressive.

I just have to know, what is the story behind the alien doctors, dentists? The oddity of the series makes them very interesting to me.

These are all previously published works in different fashion magazines. I chose the themes with the fashion stylists. I like my fashion shoots to be a bit out of the box, so to speak. I am shooting another story called "Diva" this weekend. Should be strange...In a funny way.

Most reactions

Back