Problem with Actions in CS2

Easy_Target

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay so I finally figured out how to program CS2 to automate certain actions I want it to do when I process images. What normally would've taken me hours to do manually it did for me in 30 minutes.

The problem is the actions wont save! I have to recreate the action every single time I open photoshop. :( I've tried google, but haven't found anything that helps. They usually say to download pre-made actions and save them, but I need to save the one I made.

Don't think it's relevant, but this is the current action list.

Rotate Canvas 180 > Save > Set Background > New Fill Layer > Layer Placement > Save as PSD

Hotkey: Shift + F5

Help anyone?

As far as I know, the actions are saved as you create them.

Open the action pallet, click 'new action', give it a name. Start recording (if it's not already started). Go through your steps, then hit 'stop recording'. The action is now saved.

What are you missing? :scratch:

It retains the action for that session yes. But if I close photoshop and I want to use it again another day, I have to record the process all over again. What I'm looking for is to make it more "permanent" I guess?

When I made that earlier post, I opened Photoshop and made a test action, then I closed PS.

I just opened it up again and the test action I made was still there. I didn't 'save' it or do anything special. Once it was created, it was saved.

I'm not sure why it's not happening for you.

Weird, cause if i make an action i just do what mike just did and be done with it. But you can also save your action if you want.
In your action palet, there is this little arrow on the right side. Click that and you will see an option to "save action" Now you can also find it again if you reinstall PS and stuff. But its still weird that it doesnt save the action once you made it.

h5KBL.jpg

Even if I check the box for the custom action, the "Save action" is still greyed out.

It looks as if there might be a permissions problem either with the preferences folder or Actions Palette.psp file. This file stores all the actions and is written to on Photoshop closing.
As for the save being greyed out this is correct, you can not save a single action you can only save an action set, but this will not help you in this case as you would have to load it each time you start Photoshop.

Okay, I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on with CS2 now. I just opened up Photoshop and the action is there. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back